Are you struggling with food?
- you are not able to cook hot meals for yourself or your family
- you are looking after someone in an unpaid caring capacity & would value some respite from cooking
- you are worrying about the cost of food
- cooking is causing you anxiety & distress
- you are having to choose between heating and food.
Whatever the reason may be, we can help.
Proud to be part of the Somerset Food Resilience TaskforceWatch this short film on the Food Resilience Taskforce
CCS Village Agents and volunteers are delivering over 20,000 units of food each week to families in need to help prevent hunger – over 180,000 items since the start of the pandemic in March 2020.
If you are struggling to afford food, we can help.
- We can supply you with food parcels and cooked frozen meals.
- We can connect you with Community Groups and food banks to supply you with meals and food boxes.
- If you are a Carer and would like a respite pack, we can deliver pre-cooked meals for you and the person you care for to give you a break.
- Receiving food is not means tested. Proof of income is not required.
The Somerset Food Resilience Taskforce, CCS andSomerset County Councilhave been working together to increase food security for residents in Somerset.
We have funding from Somerset County Council to provide foods and pre-cooked meals to vulnerable people.
We all have the collective ambition that no one should go hungry in Somerset.
Our Village Agents will help you access food, and, if needed, help you in other areas of support you may require.Call us 01823 331 222
The Smart Communities team at CCS could give your community:
- the tools to set up a food bank, or community larder.
- funds to buy fridges, freezers, and other equipment to help you store food safely.
- help stock your fridges and freezers with food for the people in your local area.