How can a Village Agent help you?
- Do you live alone, have a problem and not know who to turn to?
- Are you struggling as a young person, an older person or as a family and need advice and support?
- Do you have a problem that can be fixed by accessing the right people, services or agencies, but are unsure of where to begin?
- Are you caring for someone and need a little help and support? Click here
- Does your community have a collective problem that needs a kick start to solve?
Our team of dedicated professionals WANT to help you – click here to find your local Agent – you can contact them directly!
* All conversations are treated with the strictest confidentiality *
Community Agents work with people following a referral from Adult Social Care. They cannot be contacted directly without a referral.
- They offer free, confidential practical support and refer or signpost to relevant agencies and service providers
- They explore a holistic range of solutions and support for people and develop a package to help the individual
- They can find, apply for and secure grant funds for individuals to help meet a wide range of issues
Caring for another person is very rewarding, but can be overwhelming and lonely at times.
Carers Agents support unpaid carers and have a dedicated website, helpline, text and online chat. Go to www.somersetcarers.org
- If you regularly look after someone in a caring capacity, Somerset Carers can support you with advice and guidance.
- Carers Agents can help link to you to groups and events in your area, to find facts and information that will help the person you are caring for with their particular needs.
- Carers Agents can find specific support for your unique situation; and are on hand to help and guide you.
Our Carers and Village Agents work closely together with individuals to support the whole family’s needs, from finding a micro-provider to help lighten the load, to help with benefit checks and grant finding, and linking you to local groups for additional support.
Are you or your family affected by cancer? If you are living with cancer in the South Somerset and Mendip area our Macmillan Agent Kristel is here to help.
She can help you access practical, financial and emotional support within your local community, tailored to when you and your family need it.
Examples of how the Macmillan Agent can help are with:
- Benefits guidance
- Practical help
- Emotional support
She can also put you in touch with a team of dedicated volunteers who offer help with practical household tasks and someone to talk to.
Contact Kristel Van Der Schyff | firstname.lastname@example.org | 07798703321
Our Homefirst Agents can support you or a loved one’s transition home from hospital
- From health and housing to finance and transport – advice and support is here for you
- Our Homefirst Agents host weekly Talking Cafes within Musgrove Park Hospital and Yeovil District Hospital.
- These are friendly & informal – pop in for a chat
- NHS staff who would like to discuss discharge options & support available for their patients are welcome to attend
Struggling to get to college or work using public transport?
Izzy, your West Somerset Transport Agent wants to help you & your community as a whole find solutions to Somerset’s rural transport issue.
NOW: In a transport crisis? Immediate help is available if you need to get to a hospital, job interview, shift work, etc but have no idea how to get there because of funds or the lack of current transport provision.
SHORT TERM: If you are struggling to access employment, training, education or manage a social life using public transport – we can help!
LONG TERM: We want to hear about gaps in transport provision from anyone experiencing difficulties so we can work together to find solutions.