How can a Village Agent help you?
- Are you an unpaid Carer who looks after others (no matter how informally) and need a little help and support? Click here for our Carers service info. We can also offer meal respite packs for you and the person you care for. Get in touch here >>> Click here
- Do you live alone, have a problem and not know who to turn to?
- Are you struggling as a young person, an older person or as a family and need advice and support?
- Do you have a problem that can be fixed by accessing the right people, services or agencies, but are unsure of where to begin?
- Does your community have a collective problem that needs a kick start to solve?
- Are you struggling to afford food, or would benefit from pre-cooked frozen meals, especially if you aren’t able to cook – Click here
Our team of dedicated professionals WANT to help you – click here to find your local Agent – you can contact them directly!
* All conversations are treated with the strictest confidentiality *
Community Agents work with people following a referral from Adult Social Care. They cannot be contacted directly without a referral.
- They offer free, confidential practical support and refer or signpost to relevant agencies and service providers
- They explore a holistic range of solutions and support for people and develop a package to help the individual
- They can find, apply for and secure grant funds for individuals to help meet a wide range of issues
Cancer Support Agent
Are you or your family affected by cancer? If you are living with cancer in the South Somerset and Mendip area our Cancer Support Agent is here to help.
They can help you access practical, financial and emotional support within your local community, tailored to when you and your family need it.
Examples of how the Cancer Support Agent can help are with:
- Benefits guidance
- Practical help
- Emotional support
They can also put you in touch with a team of dedicated volunteers who offer help with practical household tasks and someone to talk to.
Contact Kristel Van Der Schyff | firstname.lastname@example.org | 07798 703 321
Our Homefirst Agents can support you or a loved one’s transition home from hospital.
- From health and housing to finance and transport – advice and support is here for you
- NHS staff who would like to discuss discharge options & support available for their patients are welcome to contact their local Homefirst Agent
- Help deliver a package of care for you or your loved one as you leave hospital
- Drop in Talking Cafes will resume in hospitals once lockdown restrictions ease.
Struggling to get to college or work using public transport?
Izzy, your West Somerset Transport Agent wants to help you & your community as a whole find solutions to Somerset’s rural transport issue.
NOW: In a transport crisis? Immediate help is available if you need to get to a hospital, job interview, shift work, etc but have no idea how to get there because of funds or the lack of current transport provision.
SHORT TERM: If you are struggling to access employment, training, education or manage a social life using public transport – we can help!
LONG TERM: We want to hear about gaps in transport provision from anyone experiencing difficulties so we can work together to find solutions.
Contact Izzy Silvester| email@example.com | 07931 018 045